The Floorhand is responsible for assisting in setting up and taking down of the drilling rig and equipment, handling, sorting and moving drill tools, pipe, cement and other materials in addition to maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in loading and off-loading pipe and other items form the truck to rig.
- Picking up and laying down drill pipe, collar and directional tools.
- Driving a crew truck when necessary.
- Lifts, removes, and installs BOP and wellhead equipment.
- Performs other task as designated by the rig operator or company official.
- Positions, lifts, attaches, installs and works with matting boards, drill pipe, casing and associated well equipment.
- Operates tongs, elevators and other associated rig tools and equipment.
- Operates load safe pipe handler when required.
- Assist in casing running operations.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed.
- All jobs must comply with Wyoming Casing standards from sale to completion.
- Reports safety hazards, accidents or maintenance issue to the rig supervisor.
- Complete required work plans, job safety analysis, observations, and attends safety meetings as required.
- Any and all tasks assigned by Management.