The Driller is in charge of the drill crew and ensures the safe completion of all operations on the drill floor including daily preventative maintenance of all equipment. The Driller is responsible for drilling the well within the parameters specified by the operator and maintaining control of the well at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct rig crew in setting up rigs and drilling, completing or servicing oil and gas exploration and producing wells.
- Operate controls of drill or service rig drilling and hoisting machinery.
- Train or arrange for training of crew.
- Maintain records of footage drilled, location and nature of strata penetrated, materials and tools used, services rendered, and time required.
- Monitor progress of drilling operations, and select and change drill bits according to the nature of strata, using hand tools.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed.
- Assemble and attach equipment, tools or recorders to drill stem or wireline to conduct required procedures and tests.
- Operate or direct the operation of wireline or unit controls to lower, position and retrieve equipment and instruments.
- All jobs must comply with Wyoming Casing standards from sale to completion.
- Reports directly to the Drilling Operations and Rig Manager any and all concerns that will affect the efficiency or integrity of any contract job the corporation is involved in.
- Any and all tasks assigned by Management.