The CDL driver is responsible for loading, transporting, and offloading over-sized loads and equipment. This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work as job duties demand. This position is not a straight driving job. It entails about 10% driving and 90% manual labor on location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely travel to site; Secure load onto trailer
- Ensure load securing equipment is maintained properly
- Understand and comply with company, customer, and health/safety policies, and any other regulations that are required
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Perform duties on location and other duties as directed by management
- Knowledge of load permits and state and federal truck driving regulations
- Knowledge of and ability to safely secure loads for transport
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment
- Must possess organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work with a team
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs. and handle physically demanding work
- Must be able to communicate using oral and basic written communication
This job operates in an outside environment. The role routinely works in all weather conditions, including but not limited to: extreme wind, rain, cold, heat, etc.