The Operator oversees the crew and ensures the safe completion of all operations on the rig floor including daily preventative maintenance of all equipment. The Operator is responsible for controlling the Workover Rig and draw works that hauls pipe in and out of the bored well.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs the truck or derrick to the optimum spot next to the well head.
- Instructs the derrick hands where to place the bore pipe for easy access.
- Train or arrange for training of crew.
- Directs the crew hands in storage of extracted tubulars or sucker rod during a well breakdown or repair.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed.
- Assemble and attach equipment, tools, or recorders to tubular string or wireline to conduct required procedures and tests.
- Operate or direct the operation of wireline or unit controls to lower, position and retrieve equipment and instruments.
- All jobs must comply with Wyoming Casing standards from sale to completion.
- Reports directly to Workover Rig Manager all concerns that will affect the efficiency or integrity of any contract job the corporation is involved in.
- Reports safety hazards, accidents, or maintenance issues to the Workover Rig Manager.
- Any and all tasks assigned by Management.